Saturday, July 08, 2006

Another game on the beach
I have posted this photo in the Photo Gallery of my website. The Brazilians are very keen on board games. On my website I have already posted a photo of men playing cards in the main square (Praca Quinze). You can also see them playing chess and draughts in the main shopping street of Florianopolis City Centre.

Some of the beaches also have tables set up for these board games.

I think this is a great idea. The trees provide nuts for the game pieces. They also provide shade on a sunny day, the views are spectacular and when you are tired of lying on the beach in the sun, you can engage the mind a little!

I did see a couple playing draughts with the nuts on the board in the photo, but as I have mentioned before in my blog, I do not like to take photos of people. It seems like an invasion of their privacy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home