Saturday, July 01, 2006

Doom and gloom!
Well what a day! Both England and Brazil out of the World Cup. From a selfish point of view, its a relief that Brazil also lost their match today and we don't have to face the jibes about England. However, I also feel really sorry that Brazil lost. They are so emotional about their football! And this is from someone who is not in the least bit interested in football (shock horror) - but I am interested in patriotism and what stirs it.

I have noticed over the years that I never really think that I am particularly patriotic until someone from a different country criticizes the UK. Even then, if this happens when I am in the UK, I just think they are rude! But when it happens when I am living abroad, I am amazed at how upset I can feel. This is ridiculous when the criticism may be perfectly justified!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home