Wednesday, July 05, 2006


Taking photos
I have never taken a photography course. The only thing I know about photography is what my father told me on my 21st birthday, when he gave me (what was then) a very expensive camera, that photos should take account of thirds, horizontally and vertically.

Now - in the age of digital photography, I find I am once again interested in photography. At the moment, I just want to be sure I have a record of Florianopolis and other places we visit at this time, as I'm not sure that we will ever be able to come again.

However, I can see that there is a lot more to photography than keeping a record. Some of the photos on the Flickr site are amazing. Every so often, I think I have taken a photo that manages to include 'mood' and not just a record of the scene. Most of the time this is just by accident. It helps to have a little knowledge of 'Photoshop', but mostly these photos stand on their own.

I was pleased with this photo (the view from Sambaqui beach to the mainland) but I'm aware that I'm not sure how it will look on other people's computers. It even looks different if I change the position of the screen on my laptop. If anyone is reading this, I hope it looks good on your screen and you know what I mean!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home