Saturday, July 08, 2006

Undelivered parcels
I have mentioned before that the postal service here seems to be almost a lost cause. Nearly two months ago the family posted me a parcel from England and even further back we ordered a book from Amazon. Neither parcel has arrived.

We enquired at the postal service here in Jurere where we live and were told to go to the Correio (post office) in the City. This I did, this week. Everyone was so incredibly helpful, called me Dona Jenny, took special account of the fact that I am English, coitada (poor thing!) and assumed, probably correctly, that I really do not understand the ways of Brazil!

So it turned out that I should not have been at the main post office in the City at all - but I need to go to the post office at Praia dos Ingleses (is there a link there with the name?) - because it could well be that our long awaited parcels have been sitting there for some time.

I won't be surprised if we never receive these parcels, or if it take 3 or 4 months. This is one thing about Brazil that has not changed in 30 years! However, to be fair, I have received one parcel here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home