Monday, September 18, 2006

Must see places in Brazil
A friend has asked me what I would regard as a 'must see' place in Brazil. This is an extremely difficult question to answer, because the country is so vast, there are so many spectacular places to visit here and of course I have not personally visited a fraction of all that is possible in Brazil. However from the places I have been to the following would be top of my list.

  • Manaus, Belem and the Amazon river - for the amazing geography
  • Salvador and Bahia - for the culture and colour
  • Rio de Janeiro - for the stunning scenery
  • Brazilia - for the architecture
  • Pantanal - for the flora and fauna
  • Florianopolis - for the beaches
  • Rio Grande do Sul - for the Gauchos and churrascos!

I'm afraid it's impossible to name just one place. But if I had to name just one place in South America, it would be Machu Picchu in Peru. This is on the basis of having travelled in Brazil, Argentina, Paraguay, Chile, Bolivia and Peru in the past. Machu Picchu is a once in a lifetime experience - never to be forgotten.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home