Thursday, September 14, 2006


Colegio Catarinense
This week we had reason to visit the Colegio Catarinense in the city centre. I suppose this would be equivalent to one of our public schools.

I was very much impressed by what a beautiful building this was. Evidently the College is 100 years old and has 3000 students from the ages of 13 to 18 years. We only saw the main entrance to the College and the Chapel, but I was told that the grounds were extensive.

This is a Jesuit College and appeared from the immaculate condition of the buildings to be 'wealthy'. It is also considered to have high standards and provide a very good education, although evidently it has had it's share of problems with drugs etc. as many schools seem to have these days. This is according to some Brazilian friends of ours. I have put one or two more photos in my Flickr gallery.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home