Friday, June 23, 2006

Work and play
For anyone who is reading this blog, it might seem that I am on an extended holiday. To set the record straight, I have now completed two fairly extensive pieces of work and have started on a third. All this work has been done 'at home', on my computer.

Working as an online education consultant has been ideal for this trip. I am a 'free agent', able to organise my time exactly as I wish. I did have the opportunity to work for a Brazilian organisation, but decided that for 6 months it would be great to be more of a 'free agent'.

I know that making this decision has meant that I have not integrated as much with Brazilians as I might have, had I been going out to work. But I still have Brazilian friends from 30 years ago, so for just 6 months I don't feel the need to re-integrate myself into a new group.

This time here has made me realise that for this 6 months at least, it is possible to have a really stimulating life, a lot of fun and very interesting work with no stress. I am 'making hay while the sun shines!'

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home