Sunday, September 24, 2006


My website: www.jennymackness.co.uk

Creating this website has been a worthwhile experience while we have been here.

This is the first time I have attempted anything like this and it has been quite a steep learning curve, especially in the beginning.

It has been good to have a definite focus and to know that there was a time span for this project. The site now has a lot of pages. If we were staying longer, I would be able to add more to it. I have tried to make it a site based on personal experience of the places we have visited and things I am interested in. However, I now think I have done as much to it as I want to.

What happens to defunct websites? There must be a graveyard full of them! A Brazilian friend suggested that the city government tourist agency might be interested in it, as there are very few sites about Florianopolis that are in English - but it would probably need a lot more work to get it to a level where it could be used in this way.

Now - if someone said come back to Florianopolis for a couple of months and go round taking photos and gathering further information for this site, that would be a very attractive offer :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home