Saturday, August 12, 2006

Work/life balance
I have thought about this a lot since we have been here, because it seems so much easier to achieve here. I'm sure this is a lot to do with our personal circumstances as I do know Brazilians who seem to lead a crazy life, working morning, noon and night and travelling all over the country. However, I also see lots of Brazilians taking exercise (walking, jogging along the beaches), out for meals with their family and friends, or partying.

Is work/life balance more difficult to achieve in England, or is this an erroneous perception? I have been interested by the number of friends in England who have commented that we seem to be on an extended 6 month holiday. I assume this is because I am keeping this blog and posting photos, i.e. if I have time for this I can't be working that hard!

To set the record straight, I am working - but certainly not a 70 hour week (never again I hope!) - and as well as working, I am hugely enjoying myself!

The photo shows a party in the house opposite our apartment.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home