Thursday, July 27, 2006

Housing in Jurere
There are 2 areas of Jurere - Jurere Traditional, where we live and where the original Jurere houses and apartments are. This is the cheaper area of Jurere. And then there's Jurere International - the upmarket area. Here you can find the expensive summer houses of people from Sao Paulo etc. and an upmarket shopping centre.

Both parts of Jurere are interesting and I am pleased that we are living in Jurere Traditional which is where the local (rather than visiting/summer) population lives - but I am also fascinated by Jurere International where there is obviously so much wealth.

I am particuluarly fascinated by the houses that the rich build and the way they plant their gardens. They are all different! In the glorious weather that we had last week these houses seemed 'larger than life' and I noticed how many different colours were used for painting the houses, so I went mad with my camera. (See photo Gallery)

Here is a row of 3 houses painted in different colours. They seem so bright to 'the English eye'!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home