Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Buenos Aires Bairros
'Bairros' is a portuguese word for districts. (I had to look up the English translation in the dictionary and now find myself, more and more, not being able to remember all the words I need in English!)

We managed to visit almost all the most most significant 'bairros' - so I have decided to write a 'postcard' about each 'bairro' for this blog and post photos as I go on the website. I will also try and add information about Buenos Aires to the website.

Buenos Aires is split into north and south 'bairros', with the north 'bairros' being for the rich and the south 'bairros' being where the poorer people live.

Of course the language in Argentina is Spanish. Evidently the Spanish word for district is 'barrios' which is very similar to the Portuguese word. We just about managed with our Portuguese and English, picked up a bit of Spanish and returned to Brazil saying 'gracias' instead of 'obrigada' and finding it a little difficult to readjust!

Anyhow - La Boca was the first district that we visited so that is where my first blog postcard will come from. See next blog.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home