Saturday, July 22, 2006

What can you see from horseback?
Lots! We saw a huge variety of exotic birds as well as wild pigs (cateto) veado campeiro (pampas deer), jacare (caiman), capivara, quati (south american coati).

Despite numerous attempts, I did not manage to get a photo of any of these.

At the point in the photo a (tamandua bandeira) giant anteater had passed within about a metre of me. However, I was so busy holding onto the horse with one hand, that I completely failed to take a photo with the other hand. In all the excitement I just didn't press the button hard enough!

The photo shows the fazenda owner's daughter-in-law and one of pantaneiros who works on the fazenda, each in fabulous hats! They had just finished 'flushing the anteater out' so that we could see it. Very skilled horsemanship!



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home